Enterprise Estonia was established in 2000 and promotes business and regional policy in Estonia. EAS is one of the largest institutions within the national support system for entrepreneurship, providing financial assistance, advisory, cooperation opportunities and training for the entrepreneurs, research establishments, public and third sector.
Enterprise Estonia operates in the following sectors:
• Increase of sustainability and acceleration of growth of the new companies;
• Improvement of export and product development capability of the Estonian companies;
• Involvement of foreign direct investments in the Estonian economy;
• Increase of tourism export and development of domestic tourism;
• Promotion of regional development and civil society.
Pursuant to the accession of Estonia with the European Union, Enterprise Estonia became one implementing unit of the structural funds of the European Union in Estonia. Most of the grants and other programmes are to be co-financed from the structural funds. In the financing period of the European Union of 2007-2013 Enterprise Estonia can apply 830 MEUR out of the total of more than 3,4 billion of structural assistance for Estonia.
• Transparent and effective implementation of programmes. For that purpose we consistently develop management quality. In 2004 Enterprise Estonia started to implement the principles of quality management standard ISO 9001:2000 and in March 2005 Enterprise Estonia was awarded the relevant certificate by the international certification company Det Norske Veritas which has been continuously updated.
• Closer to the client. We are guided from that the client would proceed from the requirements and challenges in making the investments, not from the formal terms of the supports and other programmes. We set major focus on the joint explanation of the challenges (diagnostics), also on preliminary and post consultation.
• Focused activity. We try to find and assist these projects to the implementation, the impact of which is the highest on the achievement of the objectives. The basis of the setup of the programmes is also the sharing of information possible thoroughly and to everyone, the granting of supports though to the narrower target group.
For more Information
Contact our foreign representations in Helsinki, Stockholm, London, Hamburg, Moscow, St. Petersburg, Kiev, San Jose, Shanghai or Tokyo.