Outotec collaborates with the Mongolian government to develop mining and metallurgical processing of Mongolian mineral resources
Outotec has agreed on collaboration with the Ministry of Minerals Resources and Energy of Mongolia (MME) during the visit of Ms. Tarja Halonen, President of the Republic of Finland, to Mongolia today. According to the agreement, Outotec supports MME as a technical advisor to develop mining and metallurgical processing of Mongolian mineral resources in the most sustainable way.
The collaboration will focus on
- Analyzing the mine-to-metal refining chain and possibilities to increase the extent of value added in different process alternatives (concentrate, metals, semi-products);
- Developing sustainability criteria and analysis for different mining and metallurgical process options in Mongolia (eco-efficient extraction of metals and other raw materials, selection of best available technologies);
- Analyzing the environmental impacts of mines and metallurgical processes;
- Developing the legislation and authorities' guidance for sustainable mining and processing;
- Organizing top-level expertise training, seminars and workshops for the Mongolian authorities and business people on mining and metallurgical processing, environmental aspects and sustainability; and
- Developing university-level education and research in mining and metallurgy (lectures, research programs, arrangement of professorship and researcher visits to and from Mongolia).
"We are glad to be advising Mongolia in developing the utilization of its enormous mineral resources. Outotec's expertise of sustainable technologies covers the whole processing chain from minerals to metals", says Outotec's CEO Pertti Korhonen.
For further information, please contact: